litl limited hardware warranty
Updated: 1 June 2010 (prior warranty terms and policies)
Warranty Coverage. litl warrants the litl webbook (“litl webbook”) and the optional remote control (litl webbook “Remote”) against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of shipment to the original purchaser (as determined by the date on the packing slip). Under this limited warranty if a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received by litl within the Warranty Period then litl, at litl’s sole discretion, will either (1) repair the litl webbook or litl webbook Remote at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts, (2) exchange the litl webbook or litl webbook Remote with a new or refurbished litl webbook or litl webbook Remote, or (3) refund the full purchase price of the litl webbook or litl webbook Remote.
Obtaining Warranty Service. You must contact us within the warranty period to obtain service, exchange or refund under this Limited Warranty. Before sending us your litl webbook you must contact us at 1-800-878-0900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for the return of the litl webbook. You must assist litl in diagnosing issues with your litl webbook and you must follow litl’s warranty process. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE WARRANTY PROCESS OR FAILURE TO ASSIST IN DIAGNOSING THE ISSUE COULD RESULT IN LOSS OF WARRANTY COVERAGE. In accordance with applicable law, litl may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and /or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service.
What should you do first?
- Before contacting litl to arrange return of your litl webbook or litl webbook Remote please consult http://litl.com/support/ which may help resolve your problem.
- If that does not resolve the issue, please contact litl support on 800.878.0900. We may be able to provide instructions to diagnose and solve the problem and to determine whether service is required.
- If litl support is not able to resolve the problem, we may choose to send you a prepaid return shipping label and assist you in arranging to ship your litl webbook back to us for service or refund. Otherwise litl will provide you with a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number to enclose with your shipment and you will be responsible for shipping your unit to us and for any costs and risk arising – in which case we strongly recommend that you obtain appropriate transit insurance for the unit. A litl webbook and/or litl webbook Remote that is returned without either (a) a litl-supplied prepaid shipping label, or (b) an enclosed RMA number provided by litl will not be accepted or processed and will not be returned to the customer. Units repaired or exchanged under warranty will be shipped to you at litl’s expense.
- Repack your litl webbook or litl webbook Remote in the original packaging for shipment. If you no longer have the original packaging contact litl support and we may provide you with packaging material or advise you on how to repackage the litl webbook or litl webbook Remote for shipment.
When a Litl webbook or litl webbook Remote is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes our property. In order to receive a refund of the purchase price or a replacement webbook you must first return the litl webbook or litl webbook Remote to us.
Personal Data. Before returning your litl webbook to us be sure to unlink your account in the settings card so that personal information and preferences such as your cards, passwords, and browsing history are deleted. If you need help with this, contact litl support for assistance. Be sure not to include any personal or extraneous items or important data in your return shipment to litl. If you have any data on your litl webbook that you do not want to lose, you should upload this information to a suitable online service before sending your litl webbook for repair. Litl is not responsible for any confidential, proprietary, or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media that may be included with your return.
Exclusions and Limitations. Litl does not warrant that your use of the litl webbook will be uninterrupted or error free. This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- damage caused by abuse, accident misuse, fire, flood earthquake or other external causes
- damage cause by operation the product outside the permitted or intended uses described by litl
- damage caused by service or modification by anyone other than litl or an authorized litl service provider
- damage caused by use with non-litl products (including installation or use of a non-litl operating system)
- damage to a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of litl
- if the litl serial number has been removed from the device and software.
- loss or damage in transit
- Software, including the operating system and or software embedded in the litl webbook. Please refer to the licenses accompanying the software for details of your rights with respect to its use.
- Litl products or services other than the litl webbook and the litl webbook Remote.
- Non-litl branded products even if packaged or sold with the litl webbook.
- Recovery and reinstallation of user data.
- Consumable parts such as batteries. Litl warrants that the battery will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of SIX (6) MONTHS from the date of shipment (as determined by the date on the packing slip) of the litl webbook that uses the battery. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of the battery included in the litl webbook will decrease with time or use. The battery warranty does not cover changes in battery capacity. Your battery is only warranted from defects in materials or workmanship resulting in failure. Battery life is not warranted.
If we determine that your litl webbook or litl webbook Remote must be replaced, we may ask you for a credit card authorization as security. Provided we receive the returned litl webbook or litl webbook Remote within ten (10) days of the date the RMA number or prepaid shippingllable is issued we will not charge your credit card for the purchase price of the replacement litl webbook.
This limited warranty applies only to the litl webbook and litl webbook Remote manufactured by or for litl that can be identified by the "litl" trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to it. To the extent permitted by law, these are your sole and exclusive remedies in the event there is a defect in the material or workmanship of the litl webbook or the litl webbook Remote. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States.
If the Warranty Period has expired or if the problem you are experiencing is not covered by warranty you may still contact litl and litl will advise on repair options for the litl webbook. Any such repairs and all related parts and shipping will be at your own expense.
Replacement Warranty. A replacement litl webbook or litl webbook Remote assumes the remaining warranty of the original litl webbook or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever is longer.
No Additional Warranties. No litl reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
Implied Warranties. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AS PERMITTED BY LAW LITL SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. IF LITL CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES THEN TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
Limitation of Damages. LITL DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LITL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. LITL’S LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE LITL WEBBOOK THAT IS SUBJECT TO THE CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH LITL IS RESPONSIBLE.
Consumer Protection. SOME COUNTRIES, STATES, AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY, STATE TO STATE, PROVINCE TO PROVINCE, AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Effective as of 12:01 am U.S. Eastern Daylight Time 1 June 2010