litl Software End User Licensing Agreement
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
This End-User license Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and litl LLC, a Delaware limited liability company with offices at 33 Exeter Street Boston, MA 02116 ("litl") that governs your use of the software (the "Software") that is installed on or made available by litl for use with your litl computer ("litl Device"). For purposes of this EULA, the term "Software" means computer software and may include associated "online" or electronic documentation.
RIGHTS IN THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT ARE OFFERED ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS EULA. BY CLICKING "I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS", YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE LICENSE TERMS, YOUR PURCHASE TRANSACTION WILL NOT BE COMPLETED.
CODECS NOTICE. Mutimedia playback in the litl webbook is enabled by the Codec Bundle made by FluendoTM. Please refer to Fluendo Gstreamer plugin license agreement by Fluendo, S.A. ("Fluendo") for licensing terms.
Grant of License. litl grants you the following rights, subject to the restrictions and conditions set forth in Sections 1, 5, and 6 of this EULA:
- Use. You may use the Software on the litl Device only. You may not separate component parts of the Software for use separately. You do not have the right to distribute the Software. You may not modify or create derivative works based upon the Software in whole or in part. You may not copy the software except as expressly permitted by this EULA.
- Copying. You may make archival or back-up copies of the Software.
- Reservation of Rights. litl and its suppliers reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. This EULA does not cover the sale of the non-Software portions of the litl Device.
- Third Party Software. Some portion of the software provided with the litl Device may be open source, freeware, or other software that is included on or with the litl Device and provided to litl under license from third parties ("Third Party Components"). (For example, and not by way of limitation, parts of the Ubuntu operating system, which is licensed under certain open source software licenses, may be included in the litl Device.) Such software is provided to you subject to the terms and conditions of the software license agreement applied to such Third Party Components by third parties. Use of the Third Party Components by you will be governed entirely by the terms and conditions of such license, and not by this license. To the extent the terms of this license conflict with the terms of such third party licenses, the terms of such third party licenses will govern. The terms applicable to certain Third Party Components are listed in Exhibit A to this EULA. Terms and conditions relating to other Third Party Components are provided with your litl Device. By agreeing to the terms of this EULA, you also agree to the terms of such licenses. To the extent any license for Third Party Components requires an offer to provide source code for those Third Party Components, this EULA constitutes such an offer. You may request more information by contacting litl at email@example.com.
- Updates. From time to time litl may provide you the opportunity to update the Software. Software updates will occur automatically with the functioning of the litl Device. Additional terms and conditions may apply to such updates, in which case your continued use of the litl Device with such updates will be deemed acceptance of such additional terms and conditions. However, you acknowledge that refusal to accept any update or impeding the delivery of any update may render the litl Device and/or the Software dysfunctional and/or may prevent the use of important security or privacy features that litl may have included in the update.
- Transfer. You may transfer the entire litl Device to another end user. Any transfer must include all software, hardware, component parts, media, and printed materials (if any). Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred product must agree to all the EULA terms. You must unlink your litl Device from your litl account prior to transferring your litl Device by following the unlinking procedure for the litl Device. Upon transfer of the Software on the Device, your license is automatically terminated. You may not rent, lease or lend the Software. You may not sublicense, assign or transfer the license or Software except as expressly provided in this EULA.
- Proprietary Rights. As between you and litl, litl will retain all intellectual property rights in the Software, subject only to the licenses expressly granted herein. The Software and related intellectual property rights are protected by law, including but not limited to United States copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other applicable laws and international treaty provisions. You must not remove any product identification, copyright notices or proprietary notices or restrictions from the Software. Nothing in this EULA will be interpreted to grant any implied license to any intellectual property of litl. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form, except and only to the extent that the right to do so is mandated under applicable law notwithstanding this limitation or as expressly provided for in this EULA.
- Term. This EULA is effective unless terminated. This EULA will also terminate automatically upon conditions set forth elsewhere in this EULA or if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this EULA.
- Consent to Use of Data. You agree that litl and its affiliates may collect and use information you provide in relation to registration of the Software or litl Device or support services related to the Software or litl Device. litl agrees not to use this information in a form that personally identifies you except to the extent necessary to provide such services. Your continued use of the litl Device and related services may require you to provide and maintain current contact information.
- Limited Warranty and Disclaimer. litl warrants, to you only, that, for a period of thirty (30) days after initial sale of the litl Device by litl, the Software will operate in all material respects in accordance with the written documentation therefor provided by litl. Your sole remedy, and litl's sole obligation, in connection with such warranty will be to use reasonable efforts to correct any error and make an updated version of the Software available to you via litl's automated online update process or in certain cases by prearrangement with litl via return of the litl Device to one of litl's authorized service centers. Litl does not warrant that the Software is error free or that you will be able to operate the Software without problems or interruptions. This warranty does not apply if the Software (a) has been altered, except by litl or its authorized agents, (b) has been separated or removed from the litl Device, (c) has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, misuse, negligence, or accident, or has not been used in accordance with litl's safety instructions, (d) is used in hazardous activities, or (e) has been used on a litl Device that has been altered by any party other than litl or its authorized agents. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LITL AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you in its entirety.
- Limitation of Liability. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur, the entire liability of litl and any of its suppliers under any provision of this EULA and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing will be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the Software, or $100, whichever is more. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LITL OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IF LITL OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF THE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- U.S. Government Customers. The Software and accompanying documentation are "commercial computer Software" and "commercial computer Software documentation," respectively, pursuant to DFAR Section 227.7202 and FAR Section 12.212, as applicable. Any use, modification, reproduction release, performance, display or disclosure of the Software and accompanying documentation by the U.S. Government will be governed solely by the terms of this EULA and will be prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by the terms of this EULA.
- Compliance With Export Laws. You represent that you are buying the litl Device for your own internal use only, and not for resale or export. litl has separate requirements governing resale and export of litl Device by third parties. Please contact litl if you have purchased this litl Device in error and wish to review such terms. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and other countries ("Export Laws") to assure that the Software is not (1) exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Laws, or (2) used for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation. You may not download, export or re-export the Software: (i) into, or to a national or resident of, any country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you are representing and warranting that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of, any such country or on any such list.
- Capacity and Authority to Contract. You represent that you are of the legal age of majority in your state of residence and, if applicable, you are duly authorized by your employer to enter into this contract.
- Miscellaneous. This EULA is the entire agreement between you and litl relating to the Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the subject matter covered by this EULA. This EULA is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A.. The parties consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The relationship of the parties hereunder is that of independent contractors, and this EULA will not be construed to imply that either party is the agent, employee, or joint venturer of the other. In the event that any provision of this EULA is held to be unenforceable, this EULA will continue in full force and effect without said provision and will be interpreted to reflect the original intent of the parties. You may not assign this EULA (by operation of law or otherwise) without the prior written consent of litl, and any prohibited assignment will be null and void. This EULA will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties permitted successors and/or assignees. Waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of this EULA or the failure by either party to exercise any right hereunder will not operate or be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of that right or as a waiver of any other right.
Exhibit A: Third Party License Terms
This software uses libraries from the FFmpeg project licensed under the LGPLv2.1. Litl does not own, or claim any ownership interest in, the FFmpeg code.
FLUENDO GSTREAMER PLUGIN LICENSE AGREEMENT BY FLUENDO, S.A. ("FLUENDO")
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY
THE FOLLOWING LICENSE AGREEMENT AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME AND AVAILABLE AT FLUENDO'S WEBSITE (THE "LICENSE AGREEMENT"), TOGETHER WITH FLUENDO'S SOFTWARE TERMS OF SERVICE, GOVERNS THE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLATION AND/OR USE OF FLUENDO'S PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE "FLUENDO MP3 GSTREAMER PLUGIN", INCLUDING ANY COMPONENTS, COPIES, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, UPGRADES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF THAT MAY BE RELEASED BY FLUENDO (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SOFTWARE") AND ANY ACCOMPANYING MANUALS, HELP FILES AND DOCUMENTATION (THE "DOCUMENTATION"). PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT AS BY DOWNLOADING, USING AND/OR INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE YOU (THE "LICENSEE") CONSENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD, INSTALL AND/OR USE THE SOFTWARE SUBJECT TO THOSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND TO ANY APPLICABLE LAW, BEING SOLELY LIABLE FOR ANY BREACH THEREOF. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, FLUENDO DOES NOT GRANT ANY LICENSE TO YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE AND YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO THE SOFTWARE FLUENDO GSTREAMER PLUGIN CONSIDERED AS A WHOLE AND, IN PARTICULAR BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY FILE INCLUDED THEREIN WHEN FORMING PART OF THIS VERSION, AND TO ANY UPDATE, ENHANCEMENT OR FIX INCORPORATED IN THE PROGRAM.
- "Final product" means a software or hardware product in a final form of manufacturing intended for distribution to end users and in object code form and that can play back content, including downloaded or streamed content.
Grant of License and Restrictions
- Subject to the Licensee's acceptance and continued compliance with this License Agreement and with Fluendo's Software Terms of Service as provided to the Licensee from time to time, Fluendo hereby grants the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license to install, use or otherwise benefit from the functionality of the Software in the manner and for the purposes described in the Documentation, on a per end user basis, as agreed in Fluendo's Software Terms of Service.
Except as expressly authorized by Fluendo in writing, it is forbidden to:
- use this software in other ways than allowed by this contract.
- tamper or interfere with the functionality, delivery or operation of the Software while using or installing it;
- sell, resell, rent, lease, distribute, transfer, assign, sublicense or otherwise deal with the Software, its components, the Documentation or any of the rights granted under this License Agreement;
- duplicate, reproduce or copy (except for reasonable backup purposes) the Software or the Documentation; or
- export or re-export the Software, directly or indirectly, into any country prohibited by law.
- use this software in the operation of Nuclear facilities, in aircraft navigation, in aircraft communication, in aircraft flight control, in aircraft traffic control systems or in other devices or systems in which serious injury or death to the operator of the device or system, or to others due to a malfunction (including, without limitation, software related delay or failure) could reasonably be foreseen.
- use this Final Product on non-PC devices like tablets, pda, portable players and other embedded devices.
- It is prohibited to modify, remove, suppress, or in any other way make inconspicuous the copyright, digital fingerprints, watermarks, identification labels, legal notices contained within the Software or other technical protection devices or data identifying Fluendo's or its licensors rights in the Software, its files or its components.
- No right is granted herein to any third party to use the Software, to the Licensee to use the Software for any third party, or to the Licensee to utilize the Software for any purpose whatsoever not described herein.
- Save for the right to use the Software and the Documentation expressly provided for in this License Agreement, the Licensee agrees and acknowledges that all title to and rights in the Software, its components, structure, databases, source code or design, and in the Documentation, including without limitation all copyright trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and all other intellectual or industrial property rights and other confidential or proprietary information contained therein remain the property of Fluendo or its licensors.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND PROVIDED THAT LIABILITY SHALL NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED IN RESPECT OF MALICIOUS INTENT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FLUENDO HEREBY EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF:
- ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS WHATSOEVER INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR CLAIMS BY A THIRD PARTY, EVEN IF A FLUENDO REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS.
DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- THE CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ITS NATURE OR ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS THEREIN) AND/OR ANY OTHER DATA, IMAGES, VIDEOS OR SOUNDS WHATSOEVER THAT THE LICENSEE MAY ACCESS OR TRANSMIT USING THE SOFTWARE;
- LIABILITY TO ANY EMPLOYER, PRINCIPAL, CLIENT, LESSOR OR PROVIDER OF COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES, ARISING OUT OF THE INSTALLATION OF OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE;
- ANY CHARGES WHICH THE LICENSEE MAY INCUR TO ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICE OR NETWORK.
- FLUENDO EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS THAT MAY BE INCLUDED WITHIN THE SOFTWARE, OR YOUR USE THEREOF.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FLUENDO'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED IN ANY CASE TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE, IF ANY, OR, IF HIGHER, TO THE MINIMUM AMOUNT STIPULATED BY A COMPULSORY LAW.
- BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, USING OR UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, THE LICENSEE HEREBY AGREES TO, AT ITS OWN EXPENSE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS FLUENDO, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO (I) ANY BREACH BY THE LICENSEE OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT; OR (II) THE LICENSEE'S DOWNLOAD, INSTALLATION, USE OR UNINSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE.
- This grant of license begins upon acceptance by the Licensee, either expressly or through use or possession of the Software, and shall continue until terminated as provided in this License Agreement or in Fluendo's Software Terms of Service.
- The Licensee may terminate this License Agreement at any time by uninstalling the Software and destroying all copies of the Software. Upon any termination, the Licensee agrees to uninstall the Software and return or destroy all copies of the Software, the Documentation, and all other associated materials.
- The Licensee's failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this License Agreement or of the Terms of Service terminates the Licensee's right to use the Software and/or the Documentation, and the Licensee will not receive a refund.
- This License Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Licensee and Fluendo with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, negotiations, representations of any kind and proposals, written and oral, relating to its subject matter.
- If any provision of this License Agreement is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from this License Agreement and the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- All notices given by either party to the other pursuant to this License Agreement shall be in writing and delivered at its principal place of business by fax or delivery service (in either case with acknowledgment of receipt).
- The waiver or failure of Fluendo to exercise in any respect any rights provided for in this License Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any actual or further right under this License Agreement.
- This License Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Spain, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of Barcelona in connection with all matters arising under this License Agreement.
World Trade Center Edificio Norte, 2 pl.
Adobe Flash Copyright Notice
This product features Adobe® Flash® technology. For further information, visit http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/. Copyright © 1995-2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, Flash, and Flash Lite are trademarks or registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and other countries.
Safety and Care Information
CAUTION: For use with information Technology Equipment.
PRECAUCION: Para uso con equipos de tecnologia de la information.
ATTENTION: Utiliser avec du matériel informatique seulement.
This document contains important information on how to use your litl safely. Please read these instructions carefully and take careful note of all warnings and cautions here, on the device or in any other litl documentation. Please note the location of these instructions for later reference.
- Keep this equipment away from humidity. Do not use your litl near water, for example, near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink or laundry tub, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool.
- Place your litl on a stable flat surface during use. Breakage or injury to the user could occur if the device slips or is dropped during use. Make sure that the air vents on the base of your litl are not blocked by another object or any soft material such as carpet or blankets. Do not cover your litl during operation with any material that could reduce air circulation.
- Your litl may be used in surrounding temperatures of 32º-104ºF (0º-40ºC) only. Do not place your litl near heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or any apparatus that produces heat, including amplifiers.
- Use your litl in a clean, non-dusty environment. Dust may cause an electrical short circuit inside the device causing a malfunction. The screen could be damaged if a short circuit is caused by metal particles. Do not operate your litl during a gas leak.
- The base of the device may become quite warm during use and it is advisable not to place your litl in contact with bare skin or flammable materials.
- Never put heavy objects on top of your litl or on the screen.
- Do not operate your litl with any part of its casing opened. For safety reasons your litl's casing should only be opened by authorized service personnel. Never disassemble or reassemble the screen under any circumstances.
Always refer your litl for servicing to an authorized service center under the following conditions:
- If the power cord or plug gets damaged or frayed.
- If liquid has been spilled into your litl.
- If your litl has been exposed to rain or water.
- If your litl does not operate normally when the operating instructions are followed. Adjust only those controls that are covered in litl's documentation or instructions, since improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by an authorized technician to restore the product to normal condition.
- If you drop your litl or its casing has been damaged.
- If your litl's performance noticeably changes - this indicates a need for service.
- If your litl shows any obvious sign of breakage.
- Always disconnect all cables and the power cord before servicing or disassembling your litl. To reduce the risk of injury from electrical shock or hot surfaces disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet and allow the internal system components to cool before touching.
- Your litl contains an internal battery pack that is not user serviceable. Do not attempt to remove or disassemble the battery pack - it may release toxic materials, create an electrical or fire hazard or cause burns. Send your litl to an authorized service center when the battery needs to be checked or replaced. There is a risk of explosion if the battery is replaced incorrectly. Do not short circuit the battery. The replacement battery pack must be of the exact type as specified by litl.
- The battery is easily damaged. Only charge the battery using a power adapter approved by litl specifically for use with this device. Using a different power adapter may cause a fire or explosion.
- This product should be operated using the type of AC mains power specified on the power adapter label (100-240 Vac, 50-60 Hz). If you are unsure of the type of mains power available, consult your power company.
- If your litl is not going to be used for a long time, disconnect it from mains power to avoid possible damage from voltage spikes.
- Do not carry your litl in a bag containing small metallic or sharp objects, such as loose paper clips or staples, which could penetrate or enter the casing and cause short circuits.
- Do not press on or touch the screen.
- Never incinerate your litl or dump your litl in the municipal waste. Check regulations in your area concerning how to dispose of electronic products.
- If the screen is broken and liquid crystal material spills out, do not ingest or inhale this material, and be careful not to allow this material to come into contact with your skin. If this liquid crystal material does come into contact with the skin or clothing, wash immediately with alcohol and then rinse thoroughly with water. If this liquid crystal material enters the mouth or eyes, rinse with copious amounts of water and seek medical attention. The screen contains a small amount of mercury gas. If the screen is damaged this gas may be released. Be careful not to inhale this gas and seek medical attention if this gas is inhaled.
If an extension cord is used with this product, make sure that the total ampere rating of the equipment plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the ampere rating of the extension cord. Also make sure that the total rating of all products plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the rating of the mains fuse.
Never force connectors into jacks on your litl's casing. Do not push objects of any kind into your litl through openings in the device casing. Inserted objects may come into contact with components running at a dangerous voltage or short out parts that could result in a fire or electrical shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on your litl.
Unplug this product from the ac wall outlet before cleaning. Normally only use a soft clean dry cloth without chemicals or detergents for cleaning your litl webbook. Do not use liquid chemical or aerosol cleaners. When necessary, to clean your litl webbook's screen or external surfaces you may use soft absorbent lint-free cotton, a screen cleaner or micro fiber fabric with either isopropyl alcohol 99% or a mixture of 10% water and 90% isopropyl alcohol 99%. The mixture should be sprayed onto the fabric and then applied to the surface. Ensure that no liquid enters your litl webbook.
Note that the surface of the remote control scratches easily. Do not handle the remote control with suntan lotion on your hands - it will fade the surface finish.
CAUTION: DANGER OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS INCORRECTLY REPLACED. REPLACE ONLY WITH SAME OR EQUIVALENT TYPE RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. DISCARD USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS.
IL Y A DANGER D'EXPLOSION S'IL Y A REMPLACEMENT INCORRECT DE LA BATTERIE. REMPLACER UNIQUEMENT AVEC UNE BATTERIE DU MÊME TYPE OU D'UN TYPE RECOMMANDÉ PAR LE CONSTRUCTEUR. METTER AU RÉBUT LES BATTERIES USAGÉES CONFORMÉMENT AUX INSTRUCTIONS DU FABRICANT.
FCC Compliance Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate this equipment.
FCC Declaration of Conformity
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any changes or modifications (including the antennas) made to this device that are not expressly approved by the manufacturer may void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC RF Radiated Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC RF radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This device and its antenna must not be co-located or operating conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conformer à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
Industry Canada Statement
This device complies with RSS-210 of the Industry Canada Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with IC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Atom, and Intel Atom Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Adobe, Flash, Adobe Flash, and Adobe Flash Lite are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
MP3 Audio Decoding Technology
MPEG Layer-3 audio decoding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson.
Supply of this product does not convey a license nor imply any right to distribute MPEG Layer-3 compliant content created with this product in revenue-generating broadcast systems (terrestrial, satellite, cable and/or other distribution channels), streaming applications (via Internet, intranets and/or other networks), other content distribution systems (pay-audio or audio-on-demand applications and the like) or on physical media (compact discs, digital versatile discs, semiconductor chips, hard drives, memory cards and the like). An independent license for such use is required. For details, please visit http://mp3licensing.com.
AVC Patent Portfolio (h.264)
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF A CONSUMER OR OTHER USES IN WHICH IT DOES NOT RECEIVE REMUNERATION TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD (“AVC VIDEO”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C. SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM
MPEG-4 Visual Patent Portfolio
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE MPEG-4 VISUAL PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER FOR (i) ENCODING VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE MPEG-4 VISUAL STANDARD ("MPEG-4 VIDEO") AND/OR (ii) DECODING MPEG-4 VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NONCOMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED BY MPEG LA TO PROVIDE MPEG-4 VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING THAT RELATING TO PROMOTIONAL, INTERNAL AND COMMERCIAL USES AND LICENSING MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, LLC. SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM.
How To Obtain Source Code
Your litl includes certain free/open source software. litl will provide the source code to this free/open source software as may be required by applicable licenses. To obtain a DVD containing the source code for the open source components of our operating system, please write to:
33 Exeter St.
Boston, MA 02116
Please state your name, address and telephone number and enclose a check or money order for US$10 (inside US only) to cover postage and handling. Also clearly state the version of the sources that you are requesting. You can see the version details of litl's software at the bottom right corner of this screen. Write down the characters that follow "litlOS version:" and be sure to include these in your letter.
If you are outside the US, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make arrangements to send you the sources.
Note that the DVD does not contain source code to our proprietary interface which is not open source.
Additional license information, including for third party code in litl channels, can be browsed on the device by clicking the appropriate links in the 'about' section of the settings card on your litl webbook.
Please see about litl for links to litl's warranty, returns and privacy policies.
litl is a trademark of litl, LLC.